Monday, November 5, 2012

Galinda! (Or Pretty in Periwinkle and Pink)

In my awesome grab bag from Love For Lacquer came a really neat pink crelly with periwinkle and purple glitter, Galinda, by Lacquer Convention. I put two coats of it over three coats of Sally Hansen CSM's Shell We Dance.

I loved this manicure -- the pink wasn't so saturated that it was Pepto Bismol-y, the purple and periwinkle was lovely and came out of the bottle really nicely and evenly, and the micro fuschia glitter added great visual interest. It held up really well for like four days, and no chips marred its loveliness. I skipped a top coat because I really liked the amount of shine in the glitter and crelly polish.

But...

I used the PVA (or Elmer's Glue) base coat since I was putting on some glittery polish. I've had the same bottle made up for a few weeks now, and I used it exactly the same as I have since I started putting PVA under manicures, and it came off in tiny little chips, not at all in the lovely full-nail (or close to it) sheets that I've gotten when removing previous manicures. I felt beat up and violated by the time I peeled it off. I'm not sure if the Sally Hansen color base was the problem, if the Galinda stuff just didn't want to cooperate, or if I didn't use enough base coat this time. Regardless, it was a pain in the bleepity to get off.

I've got another glitter manicure on now to last through the election and possibly Veteran's Day, but I used Seche Clear and will try the foil method to remove it when it's time. I need a break from the PVA base coat. It's usually worked so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment