Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote!

I did patriotic nails in honor of the election. I don't care who you are or what you stand for, but if you're qualified to vote in the US election today, you certainly should. Even if it's for Roseanne Barr or "none of the above". Because it's a right and a responsibility that millions of people fought and died to gain and preserve.

The base is actually an unnamed L.A. Colors color craze polish -- I had bought a set of six of them at ROSS Dress For Less for my kids to use before the Great Polish Disappearance of ought-twelve (only two remain). I don't have any good non-shimmery blues in the good stuff. It only took two coats for decent coverage. Then I used two coats of Sparkler, by Kawaii Nail Lacquer. I love this polish, I hate this polish.

On the good side: there's microglitter in red, silver, and blue. There are red, white, and blue medium squares and hexes. There is white bar glitter and silver and blue stars, all in a nice clear base.

On the not-so-awesome side: I had a heck of a time convincing any big pieces to come out, even though I had flipped the bottle between each nail and rolled it between my hands. I had to use a toothpick to tease the big stuff not to all glomp together when I did get it on the nail. While the medium and small stuff lay nicely, the stars just wouldn't, and I had to pick one off of my ring finger even after three coats of SV.

Overall, it's pretty, it's patriotic, and I love how it looks, but it's a pain in the ganeckdagazoink to make it work.

So now, since I went to all of that effort to inspire you to vote with my lovely manicure, did it work? :) I'm totally willing to take complete credit for it.

2 comments: