Monday, November 19, 2012

Dotty horizontal gradient in green!

I was plopped in front of the computer (which only requires a head-tilt to see the TV) with my kids on Friday night, watching Toy Story 2, while doing my nails. I didn't really have much of a plan, but I remembered that I'd bought a six-pack of green polish at ROSS for $4, and I should do something greenish.

How's that for a hilarious hand position?

So I used a base of Finger Paints' Sketch N Etch, and then dotted each nail with a bit of each of my Kleancolor greens -- green grass, jazz olive, melon grass, mystic grass, and TLC, going from blue-est to yellow-est. And then I added a row of dots on each side to make the gradient more gradient-y. Which is a word. Swear. Then I threw on a coat of starry meteor, which was the star of the show. It's a beautiful holo top coat with duochrome bar glitter. And it wasn't a huge pain to take off!

There was no good way to photograph this. But it was cute! Three different retail workers complimented it over the weekend while I wore it. They weren't even the kind of retail workers you're expected to tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment