Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This time with texture!

Ever since I got my matte topcoat, I had these grand plans of doing tone-on-tone awesome manis. I finally gave it a shot with this manicure; two coats of butterLondon Chancer, followed by the matte topcoat, followed by dots of Seche Vite on top. It would be lovely!

Well, it's not bad, really. A girl at 7-11 admired it without me actively waving my nails under her nose or anything. The sparkles from Chancer show up really nicely. But it's BUMPY and irritates me. You can see the topography on my thumb. I think I like smooth nails better. It could be that my bottle of SV is beginning to get gloppy, it could be that I'm still incompetent with my dotting tool, but it feels like there's STUFF on my nails that I should scrub off. This manicure won't last long.

Also, the formula of Chancer was really tough to work with. Streaky coverage in the first coat, too liquidy to avoid a ton of clean-up, and with all of the shimmer in it, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a royal pain to take off unless I go with the foil method.

We can chalk this up to a learning experience, I think. I learned that I prefer smooth nails, and also that I need a new bottle of SV.

3 comments:

  1. I really love the two colours that you choose. I feel like theres a perfect amount of simularities and differences between the two :D Sometimes I find that my dots are a bit bumpy but I usually just use an extra thick layer of topcoat to smooth things out, maybe that'd help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make a mess when I put nail polish on! You did a great job instead. I am following you from Rome, I hope you will follow me back.

    ReplyDelete