Monday, October 29, 2012

Glittery Layer-y Frenchy Mani

I did another glue base coat, so I was committed to using glitter. Committed, I tell you! I pulled out my un-swatched "Aquanet" by Hot Mess, which is a lovely amethyst-y jelly with big hex and smallish square glitters. It was pretty in one coat with no underwear, but I thought it needed something...more. So I threw on a layer of "Across the Trailer Park" by Hot Mess, too. It made a lovely purple, with lots of variety. But I wanted more big glitters, so I threw in another layer of Aquanet, and sat and looked at it for a while.

That's never a good sign for my manicures. It needed something...more! Yes! What would complete this manicure? Why...a poorly-free-handed french tip in WnW's "Precious Petals!" It was exactly...too much.

It reminds me of something. I suspect it might be a bedspread I had in high school. Or perhaps my eyeshadow/lip gloss combination of choice back then. NO! I know what it is it reminds me of... my mom and I frankensteined a pretty velvet dress for winter formal in my junior year of high school.

See?

(I'm the girl on the left. With the bad roots. Ay yi yi.)

No comments:

Post a Comment