Sunday, October 14, 2012

Abominable Beginnings...

Hi! I'm Mela. I'm new to blogging and pretty new to the delightful world of polish and nail art. I'm rather terrible, and I can pretty much guarantee that no PR people are desperate for me to swatch their formulas and describe each color in detail.

Still, I like to write, I like to show off my pathetic efforts, and I'm a sucker for positive feedback.

I joined the Llama Nails group on Facebook, and they have an alphabet challenge. This week's challenge is the letter "E", so I did "E is for Extraterrestrials". I did a Galaxy manicure, like so many I've seen done by better and more accomplished nail bloggers.

I used:
Sally Hansen Black Platinum for the base, and then sponged on sally girl Dumped, Mean Streak, Amped and TTFN. I put on a coat of sally girl Glitzy and Later to make stars, and painted on little alien dudes in green and red acrylics with white and black eyes.

It was harder to work with the acrylics than I thought it would be -- I'm learning, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment