Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Santa Claus is Comin' To Town

This one may be a ways towards the abominable side of the spectrum. I had a grand idea, and...well, it was executed. I'm so not good at straight lines.

For the 12 Days of Christmas Nail Art Challenge, the song I couldn't get out of my head was the Fred Astaire version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".

You're very welcome.

So I started with a base of Finger Paints Cerulean Seascape with a couple of coats of Darling Diva Ringer (it's a lot like Fantasy Fire! Lovely!) that I'd been wearing for a couple of days. It looked suitably wintry-night-ish. On my thumb, I overlaid a few coats of Sally Hansen CSM Runway Red-y and made a belt out of Sinful Colors Black on Black and the weird Style Essentials Gold. On my index, ring, and pinkie, I made houses out of Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, L'oreal Park Ave Luncheon, and Sinful Colors' Savage, respectively. I added roofs in the gold, and dotted on windows and doors in black. My middle finger is supposedly Santa's beard -- it's a coat of Commander in Chic with White On saran-wrapped on top.

Does it look like a town? Like a beard? I think I have Santa's belly under control (though if it were black, it might look more like a pilgrim hat than a belted torso!)

It's a learning experience, and I'm having a ton of fun trying new things. I sometimes wish the actual results had any connection to what I'm picturing in my head, though!

Go see what the awesome things my fellow challengers did!

8 comments:

  1. So you got yourself some Ringer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice :). And I love that song too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Santa Claws in the middle of a town. Get it? Santa CLAWS? Tee Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so good to see everyone having fun. Cool manicure :)
    Oh, and could you disable the captcha settings? It may stop many from commenting on your posts. Anyway, most blog platforms have wonderful security features of their own. Unless you are spammed frequently, you really don't need this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea I had one! I'll definitely get rid of it....once I figure out how. :)

      Delete
  5. I love your mani! I want to nominate you for a Liebster Award! Check this post to check out what to do :) http://rosetintmynails.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete