Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Candy Cane Lane

Because I believe in torturing myself, I keep finding more reasons to water marble. Since the chances of me figuring out the striping tape or making a shape that looked more like a candy cane than a sick worm were, let's just say, limited, I figured the water marble was my best shot at recognizable candy cane-itude. And then I realized that my shirt today is sorta candy-cane-esque, though it totally doesn't match reds.

The base is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. I used Finger Paints Sketch n Etch and China Glaze Ruby Pumps, with more white between the dots. I'm getting better at this, but the only finger that really looks candy cane-y is the middle. By the way, double dipping leads to interesting, but not really pretty results, as is evidenced by my index finger. I also figured out how to get two fingers out of each marble, which feels less wasteful.

I did tape the heck out of my fingers, but oh, there was still a ton of clean-up. Here's my right hand, after tape removal, before acetone.

Go see what awesome candy canes my fellow challengers came up with!

10 comments:

  1. Great color combos. How creative of you to create this cute nail design. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never attempted a water marble, but they always look so nice. The color combo came out very nice! Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out: http://anonailmous.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a good version of candy caning!! love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute!!! Also I nominated you for a Liebster Award :) Just a good way for us bloggers to get know one another :) http://makeupobsesseddd.blogspot.com/2012/12/oh-yayyy-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Third time is the charm! I've also nominated you for a Liebster Award :D

    http://apolishplayground.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water marbling is my nemesis so I admire you attempting it. Love your combination of colours. Psst *easy clean-up hint* try applying vaseline on your fingers and cuticles before dipping in water and then just wipe off polish. It is super easy and less torturous on your cuticles

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hate doing water marble, i suck in it :P
    but yours is just lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to succeed with water marbling...although I keep trying! It is such a messy and time consuming technique. You did great though! See you day 4

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is one of those that you have to practice, practice, practice. I rarely practice it though, since it is sooooo messy. Sometimes I dread the clean-up! I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete